Cybersecurity for Small Business
Most small business owners agree that cybersecurity is a pressing issue, but are you doing enough to prevent attacks?
Small businesses lose an average of $38,000 per cybersecurity incident, causing nearly 60 percent of impacted businesses to shutter their doors within six months. Affordable programs are available that won't conflict with your antivirus software. Learn the landscape and have an understanding about protecting your most valuable digital assets.
Tips for Small Business Owners
- Secure your Wi-Fi networks.
- Make backup copies of important business data and information.
- Protect information, computers and networks from cyber attacks.
- Train employees in security principles.
- Limit employee access to information data and software they need.
- Require employees to change passwords at least every three months.
Resources Created Especially for Small Businesses
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) partnered with the NAIC to create a number of new resources to help educate entrepreneurs and protect small businesses. You have a business to run and don't need to become a cybersecurity expert, but their webinars and information on cyber-related topics can help.